28 January 2012

ON MY WISHLIST (3)

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you can list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

My choices for this week are both already published, and one is a fantasy that you'll probably recognise - I keep saying I want to read more fantasy and yet this year I haven't read any! What do you think - do these books take your fancy?


Birthmarked by Caragh M O'Brien
Published March 2010 by Roaring Brook Press

In the Enclave, your scars set you apart, and the newly born will change the future. 

Sixteen-year-old Gaia Stone and her mother faithfully deliver their quota of three infants every month. But when Gaia's mother is brutally taken away by the very people she serves, Gaia must question whether the Enclave deserves such loyalty. A stunning adventure brought to life by a memorable heroine, this dystopian debut will have readers racing all the way to the dramatic finish.

********


Published 1996 by Voyager

Young Fitz is the bastard son of the noble Prince Chivalry, raised in the shadow of the royal court by his father's gruff stableman. He is treated like an outcast by all the royalty except the devious King Shrewd, who has him secretly tutored in the arts of the assassin. For in Fitz's blood runs the magic Skill--and the darker knowledge of a child raised with the stable hounds and rejected by his family. As barbarous raiders ravage the coasts, Fitz is growing to manhood. Soon he will face his first dangerous, soul-shattering mission. And though some regard him as a threat to the throne, he may just be the key to the survival of the kingdom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really looking forward to Birthmarked, too, but haven't had the time to read it yet. :)

http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/01/on-my-wishlist-1.html

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Oh I'm wanting Birthmarked too. I'm so curious about that one. I have a couple of Hobb books on my tbr (not the same book listed, so I need to add that one to my wishlist). Can't wait to get to those.

Tiffany Drew said...

Birthmarked is on my list too :) I'm hoping a trade comes up for it soon, it looks so good! I hope you get to read these soon!

Tiffany
My Wish List

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

I really loved Birthmarked and the sequel Prized. I hope you can read it soon!
x