16 July 2011

ON MY WISHLIST: BLOOD RIGHTS BY KRISTEN PAINTER

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you can list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

My choice this week is Blood Rights, the first in a forthcoming urban fantasy series featuring vampires and human 'feeders'. Not only is the cover stunning but I love the idea of looking at the vampire story from the ‘feeder’ side.

Blood Rights (House of Comarré #1) by Kristen Painter
To be published by Orbit Books in autumn 2011

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle's body bears the telltale marks of a comarré -- a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility.

When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world...and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.


What's on your wishlist?

7 comments:

Jennifer_After_Dark said...

Guess What i have a new book on my wish list,,
thanks for sharing
JEnnifer

Jess said...

This sounds so good! It probably needs to go on my wishlist too :)

Unknown said...

I have seen this book around it sounds really good, I hope you get it! Have a great weekend!

My Wishlist

Suzanne @ Under the Covers

neer said...

Vampires certainly seem to be the flavour of the day.

pussreboots said...

My featured wishlist is Rapunzel's Daughters. Please come see what else is on my plate.

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

Perfect wish! I love that cover!!

Jamie Gibbs said...

Sounds pretty cool :D

On my wishlist still is Blake Charlton's Spellwright. Once I finish my TBR pile I'll grab a copy :F