18 July 2011

NEWS: THE END OF SOOKIE STACKHOUSE

Some bookish news for you this week...

Charlaine Harris, author of the paranormal Sookie Stackhouse vampire series will be finishing on book thirteen.

From her interview with PopcornBiz, Charlaine Harris explains: “I think it’ll be total closure. I don’t go back to things once I’ve finished them. That’s kind of what I do. I don’t want to write Sookie after I get stale. Yeah, I’ll miss them, I’m sure, because I have lived with them for quite a long time – 12 years now. And it did take two years to sell the first book. But I think writers like to do different things. At least this writer does.”

She is currently working on the twelfth book in the Stackhouse series and will also be working on a very different kind of project - “I'm going to be working on a graphic novel next,” she reveals. For more on this, visit the PopcornBiz post.

* * * * * *

Also out this week is another trailer for ghostly Victorian murder mystery, Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey.

If you haven't yet heard much about this amazing book, then you can find my review of Haunting Violet here.





2 comments:

Jules said...

I really like this series but I do think that maybe it is about time to end it - I think the last book received quite a lot of mixed reviews and I read more than a couple negative ones.

Jamie Gibbs said...

That's a pretty cool trailer :) I've still not seen any of True Blood, and I've still got books 2-8 on my shelf waiting to be read. Maybe one day...