23 July 2011

THE MAKING OF A BOOK COVER

As my partner Dani is such a wonderful beauty and fashion photographer (and I'm nosy enough to watch on his photo shoots), I really loved the blog MacKids recently posted on the making of book covers. They look at picking the model, props, shooting the model and selecting which image to use.

You can visit Dani Riot's website for a peek at his lovely work.

To see how the jacket of historical mystery The Girl is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines went from the first image to the full jacket....then visit MacKids blog.




3 comments:

Jamie Gibbs said...

That's pretty awesome; I didn't know what the process was in making a book cover. I assumed that more often than not some dude photoshopped a bunch of stock photos together :P

Hannah Mariska said...

Haha, thats what I thought too!

alyssa said...

I like your blog :)