1 July 2011

BOOK BLOGGER HOP #6

Already it is that time of week again. The week goes by so fast and the weekend even faster...

This week’s Book Blogger Hop question comes from Sue who blogs at Cookie’s Book Club hosted by Crazy-for-Books is:

“WHAT KEEPS YOU READING BEYOND THE FIRST FEW PAGES OF A BOOK, AND WHAT MAKES YOU WANT TO STOP READING A BOOK AND PUT IT BACK ON THE SHELF?"

Hmm, that’s hard to put my finger…a bit like figuring out what publishers are looking for from writers…I’m normally a very dedicated reader – even if something is a little hard to get into I will keep reading it. A sense of mystery or suspense, a really warm writing style and stand out characters certainly help though! I did however read a book a while back, which had so many typos and spelling mistakes that it was really off-putting and I put it down after three pages. Perhaps I like a well edited book…?!

How about you?

4 comments:

Carla said...

Stopping by from the hop. I'm a new follower.

I agree with your answer completely.

Have a nice weekend.


Carla
http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

New follower stopping by from the Book Blogger Hop! Good answer! Check out my blog hop post on my blog! Happy Friday :)

Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

Jolene said...

Just dropping by for the blog hop. Typos can seriously destroy my enjoyment of a book. Especially if it happens repeatedly. You would think they would get rid of those prior to printing!

Read my thoughts here: http://moments-of-beauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-that-blog-hop.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm pretty generous with my books too. I agree that a warm writing style really keeps you reading.
My Hop