26 November 2011

ON MY WISHLIST: ILLUMINATE & TOUCHED

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you can list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.

My choices for this week are both out in 2012, so sadly I'll have to wait a while before I can get my hands on them. What do you think? Do these books take your fancy?



Illuminate by Aimee Agresti
To be published March 2012 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.


*******



Touched by Cyn Balog
To be published August 2012 by Delacorte Press

Nick Cross always listens to the voice in his head. Because if he doesn’t? Things can go really, really wrong. Like the day he decided to go off script to save a life, dooming another one in the process. Trying to change the future can have disastrous consequences.

But this summer at the Jersey Shore, something’s about to happen that Nick never could have predicted. He meets Taryn, a girl with a dark family secret that may be the key to understanding his past. But will she also destroy his future? . Now the path that he thought he was on begins to shift . . . and there’s no way to stop it. Or is there?

In a life where there are no surprises, nothing has prepared Nick for what he’s about to discover—or the choice he will be forced to make. . .


What's on your wishlist?

13 comments:

tthepageturner said...

I can't wait for Illuminate to be released it sounds so good! Plus the cover is so pretty. =)

Mel said...

Illuminate does look great - and wirth waiting for! I like the mix of soul buying and teens. :)

Unknown said...

Both have beautiful covers :)

Melissa (Books and Things) said...

I am with you! I want to read both of those too! Great choices.

Anonymous said...

Great choices! Both are going on my wishlist. Hope you'll drop by and see what's on my wishlist this week.

Erin W. said...

Definitely looking forward to Illuminate!

New follower.

Unknown said...

Illuminate has been on my list for a while. Touched sounds awesome though. That will be going on my tbr list.

Hannah @ Dragons and Whimsy said...

Such gorgeous covers <3
Once Upon A Time

pussreboots said...

Touched sounds interesting. I skipped last week because I didn't have any new wish list books, nor had I finished reading any wish list books. Please come see what I'm wishing for this week.

roro said...

has been on my list for a while. Touched/ b4 the covr was released
hope u get them soon

Raimy from Readaraptor Hatchling said...

Oooo! Touched sounds amazing! Will have to add that to my own wishlist!

Anonymous said...

I think this is onе of the so much νital informatіon for me.
Αnԁ i am satisfіeԁ studying уouг article.
Hoωever want tо cοmmentаrу on few noгmal isѕueѕ, Thе sіte stуle is
wonderful, the artiсles is really grеat : D.
Good pгoceѕs, сheeгs

my homepage: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Thеse аrе actuаlly great ideas in cоncerning blogging.
You have tοuсhеd some fastіdiоuѕ things hеre.
Anу way keeρ uρ ωrinting.

Lοok into my weblοg :: Net.Br