6 November 2011

IN MY MAILBOX

This week, I've got a stack of books to read (on top of the stack already sitting on my bedside table) and I can't wait to read them, even though a lot of them are non-paranormal and a bit different to my normal read. I'm also really excited to read Barry Hutchison's book...

For review (both were kindly sent by HarperCollins):

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
The 13th Horseman by Barry Hutchison


From the library:

Candy by Kevin Brooks
Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning
Pretty Bad Things by C.J. Skuse
The Bride's Farewell by Meg Rosoff
Kill All Enemies by Melvin Burgess
Guilt Trip by Anne Cassidy

I got these books to read more Contemporary YA books, in response to Sophie's post over at So Many Books, So Little Time which looks at the prevalence of supernatural and paranormal stories within the YA genre and highlighting other contemporary YA authors that inspired her.




Have you read any of these? What's in your mailbox this week?

5 comments:

tthepageturner said...

Ooh, awesome IMM. Love the cover for Carrier of the Mark! =D

WickedWillow said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS IMM!
Candy by Kevin Brooks
Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning
Pretty Bad Things by C.J. Skuse
Kill All Enemies by Melvin Burgess
Guilt Trip by Anne Cassidy
These books look great! Gonna add them to my TBR!
Didn't even know about most of 'em so THANKS!
Just an old follower hopping by!
Check out my IMM

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

Great IMM! I've heard plenty of good reviews on Kill All Enemies! Have a lovely week of reading!

iffath said...

Fab IMM! Nobody's Girl is one of my favouirte books ever, and Kevin Brooks is AWESOME! Hope you enjoy! :)

Hannah Mariska said...

I'm even more excited to read these now! Thanks everyone :)