30 December 2010

HOW TO GET WHAT YOU WANT THIS YEAR

At the start of every year, many of us make resolutions and goals to help us achieve something new. The tradition goes way back to 153 B.C. when Janus, a mythical king of early Rome, was placed at the head of the calendar. Depicted with two faces, Janus could look back on the past year and forward to the new, and thus became the symbol for New Year resolutions.

In more recent years, our personal goals have often focused on lifestyle changes such as losing weight or getting a new job. Sadly, research has shown that only 12% of us achieve our goals and actually get what we want.

Women succeed 10% more when they make their goals public and get support from their friends, so I've decided to make an image board and share my goals. (In the past I’ve never set resolutions, but this year I want something to work towards).
 If I need motivation, I can look at my collage and visualise what makes me happy and what my goals are.... books (reading and blogging), sushi (I could eat it every day!) and moving jobs.

Have you made any resolutions or personal goals for the new year?

1 comment:

Jamie Gibbs said...

The collage is a damn good idea :) My resolutions will probably revolve around some kind of career; either as an Egyptologist or something to do with writing/publishing/journalism. Damn this 'growing up' thing :P

Does the monkey represent something, or is it just for giggles? :P