11 December 2010

BOOK BLOGGER HOP

This week I decided I should catch up on some old series' that I never got around to reading before ... The Night World series by LJ Smith and The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine. So I've just finished reading 'Book Two: The Dead Girls' Dance' and started reading 'Volume 2: Dark Angel, The Chosen and Soulmate'. I still haven't figured out whether I actually like The Morganville Vampires series. I don't know why exactly, but there's nothing that really makes me want to keep reading the series. Maybe I don't feel that much attachment to the main character Claire....anyone else love the series, or not that bothered by it?

I'm excited about another book I've got... 'Metamorphosis' by Ola Laniyan-Amoako. I've looked it up on Goodreads but as of yet there aren't any reviews, ratings or even a synopsis. It's nice to find a book that hasn't been splashed on every blog, so I won't have formed an expectation of it before I even read it. So I figure I will review it and be the first to post on Goodreads :)


And finally over to this week's Book Blogger Hop - which is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-For-Books.
The Hop is a fantastic way to find other cool blogs that you didn't know about before, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! If you want to join, visit Jenn at Crazy-for-Books!!

This week's question comes from Angela at 'Library Book Reads':

"WHAT IS THE THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT READING BOOK BLOGS?
IS IT THE REVIEWS, AUTHOR GUEST POSTS, ARTICLES, GIVEAWAYS,
OR SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY?"


Ok, I finally have to admit...I often skip over reviews without reading the whole thing. I know I should be getting an idea of whether the book sounds like something I would want to read and judge whether I should go buy it, but at the same time I don't want to be influenced by others' ideas on books. I don't mind reading the review after I've read the book, to see what others think then. Sounds silly, I know, but what can I say.... But what I really like is seeing what books are coming up, finding out more about the lovely bloggers themselves and finding out about other peoples' own writing experiences. Ok, giveaways are great too - but they're just aren't enough open to the UK!

What do you like reading about on other book blogs?

2 comments:

Jamie Gibbs said...

I agree completely that there aren't enough book giveaways in the UK - I need more books! I try my best to read all of a book review, but if it's a book that I know I'm going to read I just bookmark it until I've written my own review.

Hope you enjoy Laniyan-Amoako's book. I've yet to have a book with absolutely no exposure, but that'll be an awesome feeling when it happens :)

Brenda said...

I don't usually read full reviews on books I haven't read yet either, so you're not alone there.