17 September 2011

ON MY WISHLIST: FLYAWAY & THE HOST

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you can list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming.
My two choices for this week are one yet to be released by a debut author and one that I've already read but I wish I had bought it because I enjoyed it so much I really want to re-read it. Yes I know, its by the author of Twilight but please read it - it really is an amazing book!

Flyaway by Helen Landalf 
To be published 19th December 2011 by Harcourt Children's Books 

Fifteen-year-old Stevie Calhoun is used to taking care of herself. But one night, her mom, who works as an exotic dancer in a downtown Seattle nightclub, never comes home. That’s the night Stevie’s life turns upside down. It’s the night that kicks off an extraordinary summer: the summer Stevie has to stay with her annoyingly perfect Aunt Mindy; the summer she learns to care for injured and abandoned birds; the summer she gets to know Alan, the meanest guy in high school. But most of all, it’s the summer she finds out the truth about Mom. FLYAWAY is the story of a teen girl’s struggle to hold on to what she’s always believed, even as her world spins out of control.

The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Published July 2009 by (Sphere) Little Brown Book Group

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. Our world has been invaded by an unseen enemy. Humans become hosts for these invaders, their minds taken over while their bodies remain intact and continue their lives apparently unchanged. Most of humanity has succumbed. When Melanie, one of the few remaining "wild" humans, is captured, she is certain it is her end. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, was warned about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the glut of senses, the too-vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind. Wanderer probes Melanie's thoughts, hoping to discover the whereabouts of the remaining human resistance. Instead, Melanie fills Wanderer's mind with visions of the man Melanie loves - Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she has been tasked with exposing. When outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off on a dangerous and uncertain search for the man they both love.


What's on your wish list this week?

5 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I have Host and yet still I have read it. I devoured all the Twilight books, but something about that one has put me off.

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I enjoyed The Host and I hope you get to read it soon! :)

Cassandra @ Book & Movie Dimension a Blog said...

Flyaway never heard about. The Host began reading once stopped and never continued because started to read something else.

My blog: http://bmdimension.blogspot.com/

pussreboots said...

The Host is pretty good. Happy reading! My current wish is for a lovely children's book I cataloged during my internship. Please come see what it is and what other things I'm wishing for.

кєяo said...

Flyaway sounds good. May be Stevie wouldn't find Alan that mean by getting to know him. Hope you get your books soon.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Kero @ Kero's Book Blog