8 January 2011

BOOK BLOGGER MEET UP

Today I had the delightful pleasure of meeting some of our lovely UK book bloggers. I was very kindly invited for a get together in London, which I just couldn’t turn down! I got to meet Becky (The Bookette), Carly (Writing from the Tub), Sarah (Sarah's Book Reviews), and Caroline (Portrait of a Woman) all of whom were amazingly friendly to a book-blog newbie like me. Unfortunately, Jo (Once Upon a Bookcase) who organised the event wasn't able to make it due to a nasty bout of flu - hope you get better! After some food and drinks, a bit of book shopping in Foyles was called for.

I just had to buy 'Paranormalcy' which is on my 2011 Debut Author Challenge list (hosted by the Story Siren), as well as the first book in the 'Discworld' series by Terry Pratchett (which I shamefully have never read).


As I need to start reviewing and documenting what I'm reading, I will review both these books at some point this month, after I've got through my mammoth pile of xmas presents!


I really hope to keep in touch with my new found book friends! It was lovely to meet you :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for introducing us to your new book blogging friends! I always love finding great new book bloggers.

Jamie Gibbs said...

Excellent choice on Pratchett. Be warned, once you start it's a difficult habit to quit, hehe.

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

Paranormalcy is brilliant I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
The girls are just an amazing group of people I cant wait to meet them in person :D

Unknown said...

It was lovely to meet you yesterday. I am sincerely sorry about the epic moaning! But I had a great day. I cannot wait to start reading all those books that I probably understand a word of. One of them is published by Princeton... what was I thinking?

Hope we get to meet up again in the future.

Sarah said...

Hi Hannah, it was lovely to get to meet you yesterday! One of the best things about blogging has been meeting some lovely other bloggers :o) Hopefully we'll see you again at another meet up soon!

I can't wait to see what you think of Colour of Magic & I loved Paranormalcy too so I hope you'll enjoy them both :o)

CarlyB said...

Hannah! It was awesome to meet you, definitely definitely will need to do it again soon. Hope you enjoy Paranormalcy - my copy arrived in the post today, yay.x